Carmel has redesigned itself over the past 20 years with an eye to the future and creating a city people are proud to live and work in. Some of the city’s priorities:
Art & Music
· Arts and Design District Join in on the monthly art walk! The 2nd Saturday of each month.
· The Design Center Cutting edge design options for your home.
· The Center for the Performing Arts The Palladium; outstanding acoustics and beautiful aesthetics for enjoying a concert, classical to country. Opened in 2011, 1600 seats, 151,000 SF. The Palladium is proud to have Michael Feinstein as it’s Artistic Director. He is a multi-platinum selling, five-time Grammy-nominated entertainer known for his commitment to “The Great American Songbook". The center also includes: Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre is the largest of more than 70 Indiana community theaters and one of the ten largest of over 7,000 active community theaters in the United States. Civic also is considered to be the nation's longest continuously operating community theater. Founded in 1915, Booth Tarkington Civic Theater has been a vital part of the city's cultural landscape for nearly a century, providing quality live theatrical entertainment for a broad-based audience. Actor’s Theatre of Indiana is the City of Carmel’s Resident Professional Theatre Company,
· Carmel Arts Council Volunteer organization that promotes the arts.
5 Star Schools
· The academic and sports accomplishments of Carmel Clay Public Schools are too numerous to name here but the 52 National Merit scholars in 2017and 2017 Girls Swimming and Diving State Champions (31st Consecutive State Championship)stand out!
· Carmel High School is located on Main street directly across from the Carmel Clay Public Library. One of the top ranked libraries in the state and recognized nationally for excellence.
There are many opportunities in Carmel to meet and socialize with your neighbors. Here are just a few:
· The Monon Community Center has an indoor walking/jogging track, exercise area with the latest machines, indoor and outdoor waterparks, rooms for community meetings, group exercise classes, outside trails, picnic areas & a brand new water playground.
· Every Wednesday evening during the Summer, there are free concerts at the Gazebo.
· There are concerts on Main Street several times a Summer, Late Night on Main.
· The Monon Trail is used year-round by walkers, bicyclists, & skaters.
· Carmel is a big bicycling community. There are bike shares sites in numerous places if you don’t have your own bike. Ride the Monon Trail or any of the other trails that will take you through neighborhoods, south to Indianapolis, north to Arcadia.
We would be remiss if we didn’t talk about the Roundabouts!
Since the late 90’s, Carmel has replaced over 115 intersections with Roundabouts. We are the Roundabout capital of the USA! Why? They improve traffic flow, benefit the environment and reduce serious accidents. There is a store on Main street, All Things Carmel that sells all sorts of things that promote the city, including mugs and t-shirts proclaiming “Carmel, America’s coolest city in a roundabout way!”
Let us help you find your perfect Carmel home!
Immaculate 2 BR, 2.5 BA townhouse located in the heart of Carmel next to all your favorite shops, restaurants, and access to the Monon Trail! Neutral paint, carpet, and b...
Listing courtesy of Carpenter, REALTORS®.
Beautiful 6 Bedroom Home now available in Plum Creek! Main level features a Formal Dining Room, Living Room, gorgeous Kitchen that opens into a Breakfast Nook, 2-Story Gr...
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Indpls Metro N.
Don't miss this luxury end unit Brownstone in Carmel!. 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bath with abundant natural light. Main level can serve as 3rd bedroom, office or exercise room. ...
Listing courtesy of Berkshire Hathaway Home.
Stunning 4bds, 3.5 bth custom home, well maintained and recently upgraded. Two level foyer, natural lights. Large master suite w/ vaulted ceiling/hot tub/his & her closet...
Listing courtesy of T L C Real Estate Group.
Welcome home! This beautiful move-in ready Brownstone is in the heart of the West Clay. This 2 bedroom (potentially 3 bedroom) 3.5 bath home is full of updates and upgrad...
Listing courtesy of Paradigm Realty Solutions.
Elegant French Country Architecture in a community of versatile homes, allows this Brick Clad Home to stand apart. Nestled next to a Park for privacy w/a private patio w/...
Listing courtesy of Berkshire Hathaway Home.
4 BEDROOM, 2.5 BATH WITH DEN/OFFICE ROOM AND BONUS ROOM. MASTER BEDROOM WITH VAULTED CEILING, PLANT SHELF, WALK IN CLOSET, GARDEN TUB, DOUBLE VANITY AND SEPERATE SHOWER. ...
Listing courtesy of Amerisen Realty Services.
Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. © 2022 Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS®