Carmel has redesigned itself over the past 20 years with an eye to the future and creating a city people are proud to live and work in. Some of the city’s priorities:
Art & Music
· Arts and Design District Join in on the monthly art walk! The 2nd Saturday of each month.
· The Design Center Cutting edge design options for your home.
· The Center for the Performing Arts The Palladium; outstanding acoustics and beautiful aesthetics for enjoying a concert, classical to country. Opened in 2011, 1600 seats, 151,000 SF. The Palladium is proud to have Michael Feinstein as it’s Artistic Director. He is a multi-platinum selling, five-time Grammy-nominated entertainer known for his commitment to “The Great American Songbook". The center also includes: Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre is the largest of more than 70 Indiana community theaters and one of the ten largest of over 7,000 active community theaters in the United States. Civic also is considered to be the nation's longest continuously operating community theater. Founded in 1915, Booth Tarkington Civic Theater has been a vital part of the city's cultural landscape for nearly a century, providing quality live theatrical entertainment for a broad-based audience. Actor’s Theatre of Indiana is the City of Carmel’s Resident Professional Theatre Company,
· Carmel Arts Council Volunteer organization that promotes the arts.
5 Star Schools
· The academic and sports accomplishments of Carmel Clay Public Schools are too numerous to name here but the 52 National Merit scholars in 2017and 2017 Girls Swimming and Diving State Champions (31st Consecutive State Championship)stand out!
· Carmel High School is located on Main street directly across from the Carmel Clay Public Library. One of the top ranked libraries in the state and recognized nationally for excellence.
There are many opportunities in Carmel to meet and socialize with your neighbors. Here are just a few:
· The Monon Community Center has an indoor walking/jogging track, exercise area with the latest machines, indoor and outdoor waterparks, rooms for community meetings, group exercise classes, outside trails, picnic areas & a brand new water playground.
· Every Wednesday evening during the Summer, there are free concerts at the Gazebo.
· There are concerts on Main Street several times a Summer, Late Night on Main.
· The Monon Trail is used year-round by walkers, bicyclists, & skaters.
· Carmel is a big bicycling community. There are bike shares sites in numerous places if you don’t have your own bike. Ride the Monon Trail or any of the other trails that will take you through neighborhoods, south to Indianapolis, north to Arcadia.
We would be remiss if we didn’t talk about the Roundabouts!
Since the late 90’s, Carmel has replaced over 115 intersections with Roundabouts. We are the Roundabout capital of the USA! Why? They improve traffic flow, benefit the environment and reduce serious accidents. There is a store on Main street, All Things Carmel that sells all sorts of things that promote the city, including mugs and t-shirts proclaiming “Carmel, America’s coolest city in a roundabout way!”
Let us help you find your perfect Carmel home!
Imagine just enjoying your life at your beautiful home with no worries about outside maintenence! It's all taken care of for you in popular Bridgewater Lakes Garden Home...
Listing courtesy of F.C. Tucker Company.
Look no further this is just what you have been waiting for in Carmel! Immaculate 4 bedroom/3 bath home in the highly sought after Ashton neighborhood. Dramatic two story...
Listing courtesy of Era Real Estate Links.
Welcome Home! This 4bd/2.5 bath home sits on nearly a half an acre and boasts many upgrades throughout. Raised ceilings, hardwood floors, updated kitchen with stainless...
Listing courtesy of Terra Real Estate, Llc.
WOW! This townhome is located directly in the center of all that West Clay has to offer including parks, fitness trails, countless dining options, shops, multiple pools, ...
Listing courtesy of Keller Williams Indy Metro Ne.
Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. © 2019 Metropolitan Indianapolis Board of REALTORS®